04 Jun 3rd Annual Field of Honor
Beginning July 1st, the Exchange Club of Daniel Island will proudly host their 3rd annual Field of Honor® display of U.S. flags. The Stars and Stripes will stand posted in a memorable display of red, white and blue on the grassy lawn of River Landing Drive. 500 full sized flags will fly on seven and a half foot flagpoles to honor your heroes including military, veterans, first responders, teachers and hometown heroes.
The Daniel Island display is a gift to the community made possible through donations, sponsorships and the efforts of many dedicated volunteers. You can show your support and gratitude by sponsoring a flag or making a donation HERE . For $25 per flag you can honor individuals who, through their service and sacrifice, have become heroes in your life. If you prefer, stop by our onsite sales tent to place your order in person. The onsite sales tent will be located at the “Field of Honor®” on River Landing Drive and is scheduled as follows:
– Monday, July 2nd, 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM
– Tuesday, July 3rd, 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM
– Wednesday, July 4th, 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM
A special thanks to the event sponsors, The Charleston Area Citadel Club, Daniel Island Real Estate and the Daniel Island Community Fund. Because of their generous support, 100% of proceeds from your individual flag sponsorships will benefit three local charities.
– The programs of One80 Place help end and prevent homelessness one person at a time, one family at a time. One80 Place works with men, women, families, and Veterans to ensure they have a chance to begin again.
– Fisher House – Charleston provides temporary accommodation to Veterans and their families while the Veteran is receiving medical attention at Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center, Charleston, SC.
– Palmetto Warrior Connection; Leaving the military is a huge transition and Palmetto Warrior Connection helps retiring warriors connect with education opportunities, benefits, housing and employment services.
Everyone is invited to visit this Field of Honor® display and walk amidst the posted flags. Those who have experienced a Field of Honor® display know to expect an inspiring and memorable panorama of red, white and blue. Those who are first-time visitors will find that the display must be experienced to be fully appreciated. There is no charge to visit the Field of Honor® display. Please come and bring your family & friends.LEARN MORE