01 Jul 4th Annual Field of Honor
Beginning on the afternoon of June 29th, the Exchange Club of Daniel Island will proudly host their 4th annual Field of Honor® display of over 600 United States of America flags. The Stars and Stripes will stand posted in a memorable display of red, white and blue on the grassy lawn of River Landing Drive, and in Smythe Park. These full sized flags will fly on seven and a half foot high flagpoles to honor your heroes including military, veterans, first responders, teachers and hometown heroes.
The Daniel Island display is a gift to the community made possible through donations, sponsorships and the efforts of many dedicated volunteers. You can show your support and gratitude by sponsoring a flag or making a donation HERE. For $25 per flag you can honor individuals who, through their service and sacrifice, have become heroes in your life. If you prefer, stop by our onsite sales tent to place your order in person. The onsite sales tent will be located at the Field of Honor® on River Landing Drive and is scheduled as follows:
- Saturday, June 29th Noon – 6:00PM
- Sunday, June 30th 9:00AM – 6:00PM
- Thursday, July 4th through Sunday July 7th 9:00 AM – 6:00PM
- Saturday, July 13th 9:00 AM – 6:00PM
Flag sponsors may pick-up their sponsored flags to keep and display as a memento of this year’s event or the flags may be donated back to the Exchange Club for reuse next year. Pick up time is 10:00AM Sunday July 14th at the Field of Honor® site.
We offer special thanks to our event sponsors — The Daniel Island Community Fund, The Charleston Area Citadel Club, Daniel Island Real Estate, Wells Fargo Advisors, Daniel Island News, and The Citadel Center for Performance, Readiness, Resiliency, and Recovery. Because of their generous support, 100% of proceeds from your individual flag sponsorships will benefit local charities.
- One80 Place– The programs of One80 Place help prevent homelessness one person at time, one family at a time. One80 Place works with men, women, families, and Veterans to ensure they have a chance to begin again.
- Lowcountry Food Bank — leads the fight against hunger throughout the 10 coastal counties of South Carolina. They are a clearinghouse for donated food products that are distributed to a network of nearly 300 member agencies including soup kitchens, homeless shelters and emergency food pantries.
- Fisher House Charleston – Provides temporary accommodations to Veterans and their families while the Veteran is receiving medical attention at Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center, Charleston, SC.
- Palmetto Warrior Connection– Leaving the military is a huge transition and Palmetto Warrior Connection helps retiring warriors connect with education opportunities, benefits, housing, and employment services.
Everyone is invited to visit this Field of Honor® display and walk amidst the posted flags. Those who have experienced a Field of Honor® display know to expect an inspiring and memorable panorama of red, white and blue. Those who are first time visitors will find that the display must be experienced to be fully appreciated. There is no charge to visit the Field of Honor® display. Please come and bring your family & friends.LEARN MORE