YOU CAN GIVE THANKS AND GIVE BACK!
One80 Place is setting the tone for the holiday season by providing donors with a fun and festive experience while accounting for the fact that most people will only have time to “drive through and drop off.”
On Tuesday, November 26, your donations will help us fund our food rescue program and allow us to rescue nearly two tons of food a week from local grocers, restaurants, and food partners. Without meeting our goal, we will be at risk of not being able to rescue about 220,000 pounds of food annually, which will allow us to serve 170,000 meals. The proteins donated will be cooked year-round in One80 Place’s Community Kitchen.
We want everyone to have the opportunity to engage in the spirit of giving no matter how busy their schedule. In the short time it takes to drive through and drop off a turkey and $20, someone can help feed HUNDREDS of people.
Tuesday, November 26 from 8AM – 4PM
One80 Place, 35 Walnut Street, Charleston, SC 29403
Help us reach our goal of 400 turkeys and $60,000. Last year, 500 turkeys and 2,800 $20’s ($56,000) were raised.
We encourage you to get your family, friends, and community members to participate. Start a Turkey and a $20 drive, raise money and turkeys, and drop them off on Tuesday, November 26 from 8am-4pm. Engage your family and friends in the conversation and share information and our social media posts. We hope you will help us get the word out there!
If you are interested, you can also create a Facebook fundraiser! See “Social Media Guide” for additional details.
• Like our page (@CharlestonHomeless) and be sure to LIKE and SHARE the posts we will be making about Turkey and a $20 throughout the week and on Tuesday, November 20. #turkeyanda20
• CREATE a Facebook Fundraiser page for One80 Place. Go to https://fb.com/fund/CharlestonHomeless/ and click “Raise Money”.
• Choose the amount you want to raise and select for the fundraiser to end on November 26, 2018.
• Pick a title for your fundraiser. It can be easy as “Turkey and a $20”.
• Describe why you are supporting the Turkey and a $20 campaign. Include the hashtag #turkeyanda20.
Instagram: Follow @_one80_place. Post information about Turkey and a $20 using #turkeyanda20.
Twitter: Follow @One80Place and tweet or retweet using #turkeyanda20.
And lastly, ask your friends, family, colleagues, and community members to be a donor too!
Please do not hesitate to call or email
Katie Smith, Director of Annual Giving – (843.723.9477, Ext 5 | firstname.lastname@example.org).